Zero Bone Loss Concepts
Author(s)/Editor(s): Linkevičius, Tomas
The Oral-Systemic Health Connection:A Guide to Patient Care, Second Edition
As the oral-systemic health connection continues to be the focus of an overwhelming amount of scientific literature, it is important for dentists to stay informed in order to be a reliable source of information for their patients regarding both oral and overall health.
This second edition of The Oral-Systemic Health Connection: A Guide to Patient Care explores the connections between oral infections and systemic diseases/conditions, incorporating feedback from scientists, practitioners, and policymakers.
In addition to updated chapters about cardiovascular disease, diabetes, inflammation, and adverse pregnancy outcomes, authors have contributed new chapters about antibiotic prophylaxis, the genomic connection, common risk factors, and the economic impact of this connection. Because interpreting this research can be challenging, new chapters about causal frameworks and biostatistical assessment have been added, and specific clinical considerations for providing dental care to patients with certain conditions have been included in selected chapters.
Besides providing readers with up-to-date information on the complex connection between oral and general health, this book prepares oral health care professionals to critically read and evaluate new research to ultimately benefit their patients’ overall health.
Section I: Surgical Concepts
1. Surgical Factors for Establishing Crestal Bone Stability
2. Implant Design Factors
3. Implant Placement Depth
4. Vertical Soft Tissue Thickness
5. Subcrestal Implant Placement
6. Flattening of the Alveolar Ridge
7. The Tent-Pole Technique
8. Vertical Soft Tissue Augmentation
9. Attached Tissues Around Dental Implants
10. Practical Recommendations for Implant Placement
Section II: Prosthetic Concepts
11. Prosthetic Factors for Maintaining Crestal Bone Stability
12. Considerations for Cement-Retained Restorations
13. Cement/Screw-Retained Restorations
14. Titanium Base Solutions for Fixed Partial Dentures
15. Abutment Alternatives
16. Influence of the Emergence Profile
17. Prosthetic Materials
18. Subgingival Materials
19. Avoiding “Zirconia Without Zirconia” Restorations
20. Supragingival Materials for Implant Reconstructions