Sinus Floor Elevation
Avoiding Pitfalls Using Cone-Beam CT
Author(s)/Editor(s): Nosaka, Yasuhiro
120 pp; 806 illus;
Sinus Floor Elevation:Avoiding Pitfalls Using Cone-Beam CT
The only way to ensure a good treatment outcome is to avoid pitfalls through careful evaluation and diagnosis. This book explores the issues that may be encountered by clinicians during sinus floor elevation and how to avoid complications.
The author demonstrates the necessity of preoperative CBCT imaging for every case and discusses the efficacy and pitfalls of both the lateral window and the osteotome techniques.
The many case presentations show diverse pathologic findings, such as the treatment of maxillary sinusitis, mucous retention cysts, and apical lesions, as well as solutions for situations with difficulties due to the presence of the alveolar artery and septa.
This book provides effective techniques for sinus floor elevation to guide clinicians toward a successful, complication-free outcome.
Part I The Lateral Window Technique Aided by CT Scanning
1. The Maxillary Sinus and Membrane
2. CBCT Scanning for Maxillary Sinus Elevation
3. Principles and Procedures of the Lateral Window Technique
4. Pitfalls of the Lateral Window Technique
Part II The Osteotome Technique Aided by CT Scanning
5. Principles and Procedures of the Osteotome Technique
6. Pitfalls of the Osteotome Technique