Occlusal Adjustments in Implants and Natural Dentition
3D Occlusion (Book/DVD set)
Author(s)/Editor(s): Jiménez-López, Vicente
240 pp; 409 illus;
Occlusal Adjustments in Implants and Natural Dentition:3D Occlusion (Book/DVD set)
This book provides a meticulous analysis of occlusion and the many anatomical factors involved: natural teeth and implants, gingiva, tooth- and implant-borne prostheses, masticatory muscles, ligaments, the TMJs, and articular capsules and disks, among others.
Furthermore, the problems that can lead to malocclusion often relate to additional patient factors, emotional stress, bruxism, clenching, and the jaw being out of proper position.
The book also covers referred pain, which can mimic joint symptoms caused by neck and masticatory muscle problems, as well as headaches and facial pain that may be connected to occlusion-related muscle problems including the neck muscles.
The accompanying DVD includes more than 200 clinical animations.
1. Work Philosophy
2. Occlusion-Related Terminology
3. Organic Occlusion and Basic Principles
4. Anterior Guidance
5. Centric Relation
6. Bilateral Posterior Occlusal Stability
7. Vertical Dimension
8. Etiopathology of Occlusal Problems: Prematurities and Interferences
9. Occlusal Etiology of TMJ Pathology
10. Splint Therapy
11. Occlusal Adjustment
12. Occlusion in Implant-Supported Fixed Dental Prostheses and Single Units