Fundamentals of Implant Dentistry, Volume 1
Author(s)/Editor(s): Beumer, John III; Faulkner, Robert F.; Shah, Kumar C.; Moy, Peter K. (editors)
456 pp; 1,105 illus;
Fundamentals of Implant Dentistry, Volume 1:Prosthodontic Principles
It is now generally recognized that implant dentistry is driven by the prosthodontic needs of the patient, and so it is fitting that the first book of the two-volume Fundamentals of Implant Dentistry series focuses on the design and fabrication of implant-retained prostheses.
The authors of this definitive textbook cover the full range of restorative treatment options for edentulous and partially edentulous situations, from relatively simple problems that can be handled by a solo practitioner to those with substantial prosthodontic complexities, periodontal compromise of existing dentition, and significant bone and soft tissue defects.
Throughout, the authors emphasize the importance of an interdisciplinary approach and demonstrate how it encourages the best results, particularly when restoring partially edentulous patients.
The text covers the latest innovations in diagnostic evaluation, surgical procedures, and the methods and materials used to fabricate prostheses, including the use of CAD/CAM technologies.
The authors also address special and sometimes controversial topics in implant dentistry, including the use of implants in irradiated patients and in growing children as well as the symbiotic relationship between orthodontics and osseointegration.
Lastly, readers will appreciate the illustrated glossary of terms.
This groundbreaking work provides the kind of unrivaled insight that can ensure the highest degree of clinical success in prosthetic restoration, and it is destined to become the definitive textbook and desk reference for dental students and practitioners alike.
Section I: Introduction and Biologic Basis
1. History and Biologic Foundations
2. Osseointegration and Its Maintenance
Section II: Restoration of Edentulous Patients
3. Edentulous Patients: Patterns of Bone Resorption and Clinical Outcomes with Implants
4. Restoration of Edentulous Mandibles with Overdentures
5. Restoration of Edentulous Mandibles with Fixed Prostheses
6. Restoration of Edentulous Maxillae with Overdentures
7. Restoration of Edentulous Maxillae with Fixed Prostheses
Section III: Restoration of Partially Edentulous Patients
8. Restoration of the Posterior Quadrants of Partially Edentulous Patients: Patient Selection and Treatment Planning
9. Restoration of the Posterior Quadrants of Partially Edentulous Patients: Examination and Prosthodontic Procedures
10. Restoration of Multiple-Tooth Defects in the Esthetic Zone
11. Restoration of Single-Tooth Defects in the Esthetic Zone
Section IV: Special Topics
12. Implants and Removable Partial Dentures
13. Implants for the Growing Child
14. Implants in Irradiated Tissues
15. Implants and Orthodontics: A Symbiotic Partnership