Bioaesthetics in Oral Rehabilitation
Science, Art, and Creativity
Author(s)/Editor(s): Prosper, Loris
896 pp; 3,349 illus;
Bioaesthetics in Oral Rehabilitation:Science, Art, and Creativity
This book describes a methodology for creating biomimetic restorations that harmonize with the remaining natural teeth.
The authors analyze the methodology for each phase of work, including the diagnosis and treatment planning, the stages of preparation and fabrication, and the cementation of the definitive restoration.
All the essential components are covered, including occlusal analysis, soft tissue management, color selection, implant considerations, and guidelines for home maintenance.
The merits of a multidisciplinary approach are shown within the functional esthetic paradigm in which the prosthodontist, surgeon, orthodontist, and dental technician work as a close-knit team to ensure a predictable and reproducible result.
1. Epidemiology of Dental Esthetics
2. Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
3. Basic Concepts of Occlusion to Be Applied to Prosthetic Restorations
4. Mucogingival Surgery to Improve Pink Esthetics
5. Dental Abutment Preparation
6. The Provisional Restoration
7. Taking a Final Impression
8. Esthetic Dentistry with Implants
9. Professional and Home Maintenance of Fixed Prosthetic Restorations