Autologous Blood Concentrates, Second Edition
Author(s)/Editor(s): Garg, Arun K.
184 pp; 520 illus
Since its discovery over two decades ago, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and its derivatives have become a mainstay in oral and maxillofacial surgery and, more recently, in other dental specialties as well. As technology continues to allow significant innovation in this field, more and more formulations and products are being discovered and marketed to dentists. In the second edition of this bestselling book, Dr Garg rejects the salesmanship that often swirls around PRP and instead focuses on the science, biology, and clinical applications of this natural biomaterial. Credited as a co-discoverer of PRP, he knows how to break down the science and explain how autologous blood concentrates work to speed healing and promote tissue regeneration. This natural, inexpensive, and safe material has enormous potential in a dental clinic, and Dr Garg wants to make sure every clinician has access to information that is easy to digest and easy to apply. This book is thereby a roadmap to incorporating autologous blood concentrates into clinical practice. The early chapters focus on the biology of what goes on when blood is collected and centrifuged and reintroduced into wound sites as well as how to prepare the different formulations of autologous blood concentrates. The later chapters demonstrate how to use this material in implant surgery, soft and hard tissue healing, facial cosmetics, and other clinical applications to achieve superb outcomes. With a bonus chapter on phlebotomy, this book is the practical manual novices need and experienced clinicians value.
1. Autologous Blood Concentrates: The Science of Natural Wound Healing
2. Medical and Surgical Applications of Autologous Blood Concentrates
3. Biologic Growth Factors, PRP, and Bone Morphogens in Bone Regeneration Procedures
4. Eight Forms of Autologous Blood Concentrate: Preparation and Clinical Applications
5. Dental Implants, Osseointegration, and Autologous Blood Concentrates
6. Oral Cavity Soft Tissue Healing and Autologous Blood Concentrates
7. Oral Cavity Hard Tissue Healing and Autologous Blood Concentrates
8. Facial Cosmetics and Autologous Blood Concentrates
9. The Future of Autologous Blood Concentrates
10. Principles and Practice of Phlebotomy